Fundraising

Resources & Information

Soroptimist International of the Americas, our federation, provides many resources and materials to help clubs and members create a culture of philanthropy which allows us to fulfill our vision that women and girls have the resources and opportunities to reach their full potential and live their dreams.

This infographic shows the collective impact clubs and members are making in the lives of women by their contributions to Founders Pennies, Club Giving and Laurel Society.  By our contributions we are showing our belief that our mission matters and the work that we do is transforming the lives of women and girls. For more information, contact our Sierra Pacific Region Fundraising Chair, Barbara Giambastini at: spfundraising@soroptimist.netImpactStatsFactoid

How your contributions are used

For over 90 years, Soroptimist International of the Americas has been improving the lives of women and girls in local communities and throughout the world. Soroptimist programs effect fundamental change for women through economic empowerment, ending violence, and advancing gender equity. Your contributions directly support Soroptimist programs—such as the Live Your Dream Awards—that help women and girls pursue their dreams.

Fundraising costs Of every dollar raised, 81% goes directly to fund programs. The other 19% covers the costs for SIA to raise the funds, including expenses associated with the federal and state laws required of fundraising organizations, accounting for the flow of funds, IRS filings, and donor acknowledgments.

SIA’s cost to raise funds continues to be lower than similar organizations. You can be proud that your organization’s cost to raise funds is more efficient than others.

Standards logo Awarded the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations’ Standards for Excellence Seal.

No contributions pay for administrative costs

Your membership dues cover the costs of member services, governance, and administration, while charitable contributions cover program costs.

Fundraising program costs

Contributions currently support only 70% of the total cost of our programs. The remaining 30% is covered by interest, dividends and capital gains. Ideally, there would be no shortfall and the costs of programs would be covered entirely by contributions. That is why your donations are so important to the women and girls that are able to live their dreams because of Soroptimist programs.

Give button Consider making a contribution today to help us close this gap and fund 100% of our global programs, like the Live Your Dream Awards that have helped tens of thousands of women achieve their dreams of a better life for themselves and their families.
Club Giving

Learn more about Club Giving & Founders Pennies contributions and make your club’s gift.

Laurel Society & Montly Giving

Learn more about the Laurel Society and the Monthly Giving Program.

Others Ways to Give Members of the Laurel Legacy help ensure long-term funding of Soroptimist programs by planning a future gift. Learn more.
More Information & Resources Learn about other ways to make a difference in the lives of women and girls.
Recognition Learn more about how your club and individual contributions are used and access fundraising presentations.
Giving History

See the clubs & individuals that made generous donations in 2014-2015 in support of federation programs. We are so thankful!