Soroptimist is a global volunteer organization whose members work to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment.
Our increasingly successful DREAM PROGRAMS are what helps our clubs, our regions and our federation to accomplish our BIG GOAL to invest in the dreams of one million women and girls through access to education by 2031! To attain this our DREAM PROGRAMS provide women and girls access to education:
- Live Your Dream Education and Training Awards for Women
- Dream It, Be It: Career Support for Girls
To further accomplish this BIG GOAL we are advocates in the campaign to end human trafficking and violence against women and girls.
- Act Now Each month our federation, Soroptimist International of the Americas promotes a simple advocacy effort to engage members and non-members alike in the fight for women’s rights world wide.
- SI and the United Nations Our umbrella organization, Soroptimist International, holds general consultative status at the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) at the United Nations and advocates for the right of women and girls at six UN centers around the world.
- Sierra Pacific Region has a Committee Chair who addresses the Prevention of Violence Against Women and Girls with posts on our Facebook page and informative emails to the clubs.
Sierra Pacific Region Awards
We encourage our members to develop, grow and succeed through friendships, diversity, leadership, mentoring and service. We recognize our Club’s accomplishments towards this BIG GOAL with the Soroptimist Celebrating Success awards.
The two awards listed here are distinctly unique to the Sierra Pacific Region. Our region contributes to the Soroptimist Dream with our region level awards to encourage women and girls in our region to continue their education after high school and after college:
For over 35 years, Sierra Pacific Region has sponsored the Fellowship Award whose mission is to advance the status of women through financial support as they study for a masters or a doctoral degree in fields that support the Soroptimist Mission of improving the lives ofSite Pages women and girls.
Soroptimists Celebrating Success Awards (SCS)
Region Chair of the SCS Committee: email@example.com
These annual best practice awards recognize successful club projects that improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment and promote Soroptimist as an organization with that mission. Categories encompass the four pillars supporting the SIA Strategic Plan: program, membership, fundraising and public awareness.
The deadline to submit an entry to your region chair is July 1. Regions will select region-level recipients. The first-place recipient in each of the pillars will compete for the federation-level awards. Region recipients will be recognized at region conferences. Federation recipients will be recognized at a federation meeting.