2018-2020 Region Public Awareness Pillar: Joelle Leder-Rule email@example.com
February 2020 Message from Public Awareness Pillar Chair Joelle Leder-Rule:
We Are Soroptimist.
Guidelines for Sierra Pacific Region in SIA –
From Public Awareness Chair – 2018-2020 – Joelle Leder Rule
Each flyer or notice sent out to the public via newspaper,
social media postings, handed out to the community, etc. MUST be reviewed and approved by the Sierra Pacific Region Public Awareness Chair – Joelle Leder-Rule BEFORE posting.
Back up email – JoelleLederRule@gmail.com
Or if you need assistance with social media/facebook/instagram sites.
SPR/SIA is looking for the following three items that must be listed:
1. S Logo or S Logo with new Tag line in blue or black color only
(or reverse with white.)
2. Your entire club name ie Soroptimist International of ……..
3. New Mission Statement – A global volunteer organization
that provides women and girls with access to the education and training
they need to achieve economic empowerment.
Our Federation is – Soroptimist International of the Americas (SIA).
We are in the Sierra Pacific Region and our website is: https://sierrapacificregion.org/
Great job ladies as we have 100% of all SPR clubs represented on facebook, about half of the clubs on Instagram and only about 2-3 websites to complete to have 100% in club websites by June 30, 2020. Chris Carroll is on the SPR PA Committee and will help you with your website needs and questions. Her contact info – firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW Recruitment Flyers: https://www.soroptimist.org/for-clubs-and-members/federation-information/recognition-and-branding-tools/social-media-ads.html?fbclid=IwAR0vMhGQuOVzfoEmBiBjccqza9L7cNKE_c7ibt5EN1D5Xvc_FHCLLIpr1-Y
January 2020 Message from Public Awareness Pillar Chair Joelle Leder-Rule:
Hello Soroptimists of the Sierra Pacific Region from your Public Awareness Pillar Chair Joelle Leder-Rule!
At the past 2019 District Meetings and also directly from a few of our our region members reaching out, I have been asked several times about the change over in regards to the S Logo and the ‘Investing in Dreams’ Tag line at the bottom of the logo vs ‘Best for Women’ — particularly the campaign flyers that the clubs use to recruit new members. They have now been updated! yay!
2018 Message from Public Awareness Pillar Chair Joelle Leder-Rule:
Welcome Club Public Awareness Chairs! If you’re new to this club function, we’ll try to help you get the most public awareness (PA) you can for you club. You now have the benefit of a PA team that will be available via email or telephone in three categories: Traditional Media, Social Media, and Website Development and Management.
Your PA team can help you build a media list, write a press release, write and post items to your Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram, and create a new design or learn how to update or make changes to your website.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Start your new year as public awareness pillar by asking your program, membership and fund-raising counterparts what they’ll need from you to make their efforts successful and when. Then mark your calendar and give yourself enough time to get the word out about each project.
- It’s that time to update your websites with your latest calendar, board, and photos of your club! Need help to make the best of your current website? Contact:
- Social Media Tip ~ Brand new year, brand new ideas for your social media journey towards more exposure for your club. Having an easy transition is key to making your social media campaign flawless. Review usernames and passwords and also take a moment to write down how many ‘likes’ your Facebook page or other social media has currently. We will reference back to that number in the future. Need help? Contact: Joelle Leder at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hashtag tip ~ For Social Media Posts ~ hashtag examples would be ~ #Soroptimist #SierraPacificRegion #SoroptimistInternational. Also make one up for your club ~ ie: #SoroptimistofTheSierras #SoroptimistSanFrancisco
2018-2020 Public Awareness Committee:
Joelle Leder-Rule, SI The Sierras – Public Awareness Pillar and social media manager
Lupe Garcia, SI San Francisco – Region Website manager
Chris Carroll, SI Atwater – club website builder/refresh current websites
Pam Taylor/Susie Bubencek, SI Merced -Region Newsletter Editors