Pillar Posts ~ From Sierra Pacific Region Chairs
(Please read as correspondence at your next business meeting & email to your club’s Committee Chairs.)
FUNDRAISING PILLAR POST by Barbara Giambastini, SPR Chair
As school expenses rise our Live Your Dream recipients are counting on Soroptimists more than ever. A monthly gift of $25 would help a woman buy textbooks for her classes for one year. By joining our monthly giving program, you give hope each and every month to all women still waiting to start living their dreams. All donations count toward your Laurel Society Membership! http://www.soroptimist.org/donate/donate.html?_page_key=7878.
MEMBERSHIP PILLAR POST by Amory Elizondo, SPR Chair
Tip of the Month: Be sure to have a packet of information ready at all times to give to potential members. They should include an application, explanation of dues, the latest Best for Women issue, your club’s latest newsletter, business card for your president, and some optional additives like club calendar, program summary, or mission detail. Give to every guests that comes to a meeting before they leave.
This is the biggest challenge of the year!! You can do it!!
August Challenge: Chose from the following and submit to Amory @ email@example.com
- Assemble 15 packets for the upcoming year
- Post your next meeting on Meet Up (email me if you need assistance)
- Host a club social (members only) over the Summer Break (extra point if you send a picture)
**Challenge completions will be added to your Shaping the Future Award application for 2018
PROGRAM PILLAR POST by Gail Dekreon, SPR Chair
Thank you for sending your Soroptimist Celebrating Success submissions to our Region Chair by July 1, 2017. Our Region Pillars are currently screening them and setting up the judging for the winners, who will be honored at our Conference in May 2018! This is so exciting! What is the secret for “winning”? Innovation and creativity. Good Luck Sierra Pacific Region clubs!
PUBLIC AWARENESS PILLAR POST by Kate McGuire, SPR Chair & the Public Awareness Team
Develop your public awareness “marketing” plan: Public Awareness Chairs/Committees can best serve their clubs by developing a “marketing” plan based on the events clubs have planned for fund-raising, programs and membership. It doesn’t have to be a complicated plan, but it works best if it reflects all the club’s planned activities. Here you go:
- list all your club’s fund-raising, membership and program activities on a calendar in the months in which they will occur;
- figure out the best date to write and send your press release announcing your event based on the deadlines set by the publications you want to reach;
- at the same time, be sure and “lateral” that press release to your Facebook page and website.
Leave a Reply